Come join us for Worship, Song, and Fellowship!
The Rt. Rev. Stephen T. Lane
Bishop of Maine
The Rev. Suzanne Cole
The Rev. Mary-Carol Griffin
By God’s grace, the Church of Our Father is a community where one can:
- Come to know Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior by the power of the Holy Spirit and be supported while growing in His knowledge and love.
- Reverently and joyfully experience worship.
- Live with supportive and loving fellowship.
- Receive prayer, Christian reinforcement, and support in daily life.
- Encourage persons to become Christ’s disciples and responsible members of His body.
- Be responsive (as a member of the Body of Christ) to the needs of others, and reach out in service to the hungry, the weak, and the lost.
“…In your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience…” (1 Peter 3:15-16)
Church of Our Father in Winter
On February 28, starting at 5:30 pm we will have a pancake dinner.
This is the night before Ash Wednesday, known as "Shrove Tuesday"
We begin the season of Lent with the Ash Wednesday Liturgy.
There will be two services on Wednesday, March 1 at 8 am and 7 pm.
Each Wednesday evening in Lent (with the exception of 3/22*) there will be a service
of Stations of The Cross at 5:30 pm in the nave, and a soup and bread supper to follow.
*The exception to the suppers is that we will NOT have one on the 22nd of March, rather it will be on the 21st in conjunction with the MDI Episcopal parishes Lenten suppers.
There will also be a study on Wednesday mornings at 10am.
This is a 5 week program based on a book by Max Lucado, "He Chose the Nails”. (Sign up with Mother Sue for book orders)
For Holy Week:
~ For Maundy Thursday (April 13) at 5:30pm, Church of Our Father will be hosting the service.
~ For the Good Friday (April 14) service St. Mary will host
~ The Easter Vigil (April 15) service will be held at St. John’s for our Island churches.
~ On Easter Sunday, April 16, at 9am, Church of Our Father will have one service.
For updates on the Rt 3 Road Project Visit this Page below:
Bar Harbor Rt3 Project Home Page
To stay current with Jesup's Renovations/Events/Adjustments to locations-times,
Visit: Jesup's Web Page (Click here)